Must-Have Experiences in Istanbul
Istanbul has a lot to offer when it comes to historical buildings, archaeology museums, or scenic beauty. We have discussed thoroughly with authentic destination guides and local families before picking out our favourite tourist attractions in Istanbul. Have your pick from our various list of the best activities and must-visit places in this glorious city!
Delve Deep into the Historical Richness and Museums in Istanbul
If you happen to be a history buff, then do not miss out on the chance of visiting the historically enriched architectural sites of Istanbul.
- Hagia Sophia (Aya Sofya) and Topkapi Palaces Museum top our list because of the Byzantian styles and textures. Hagia Sophia is a church turned mosque turned museum, and the latter used to be the administrative centre of the Ottoman empire. You can book your entry tickets for these places from TicketsToDo without any hassle.
- You should also take a stroll around the exquisite Basilica Cistern, an astonishing underground engineering piece from the Byzantine period.
- Visit the Blue Mosque at Sultan Ahmet Square or Rüstem Paşa mosque to behold the Islamic architectural beauty. You can also visit the glorious Süleymaniye Mosque that honours Suleyman the Magnificent.
Popular Places to Visit in Istanbul
- Your Istanbul trip can not be complete until you cruise the Bosphorus river. Get aboard the luxurious Bosphorus Cruise from Golden Horn and sail amidst the beautiful Bosphorus river.
- Walk down the trails in the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market to haul some exotic Turkish delight or Turkish coffee.
- Have a Turkish bath in a Hamam.
- Climb up the 60 meters high Galata Tower to have a panoramic view of the whole city, along with the Princes’ Island. Indulge in a walking tour down the Galata bridge as well.
- You can get a glimpse of Istanbul’s modernity while enjoying Istanbul’s nightlife or walking along Istiklal Street.
Hidden Gems in Istanbul
Apart from the popular spots, you can also include the Chora Church ( Kariye Museum), Archeology Museum, Gülhane Park, Beylerbeyi Palace or Dolmabahce Palace in the cultural tours. Taste the local street food in Istanbul or experience the whirling dervishes as part of your trip. Enjoy the top activities in Istanbul with the help of TicketsToDo!